This is a reminder that up-to-date online books and journals are accessible on the CUK RemoteXs platform. The platform facilitates access to the resources whether you are on the campus network or off the campus network.
How do I register?
- Staff can register on RemoteXs by going to this link: Create an Account
- The library has done bulk registration for student users. Check your email for communication from RemoteXs and follow the instructions given
- The e-mail contains information about how to log in, set your password, and other details.
- Once your registration is approved you will receive an e-mail containing information about how to log in, set your password, and other details.
This is a reminder that we have access to Ebrary/Proquest e-books. Proquest is a rich database of up-to-date e-books that cover various disciplines. Students need to register on RemoteXs in in order to access Ebrary books and other online resources. Unlike other databases, Proquest requires one to create a personal account to facilitate downloading of books and use of other features such as creation of a virtual bookshelf.
Nb: To log in to the RemoteX platform click here
A Google Scholar profile is a very simple way of collating your publications and citations to them so that others can find your work.
Step 1: Creating your basic profile
1. Log on to scholar.google.com and click the “My Profile” link at the top of the page to get your account setup started.
2. On the first screen, add your affiliation information and university email address, so Google Scholar can confirm your account.
3. In the home page field, you can paste the link to your departmental faculty profile or the CUK home page link
Step 2: Adding your publications
1. Google Scholar will provide a list of publications it thinks belong to you. Read through the list and select the ones you have authored by checking the box.
2. Click on the blue shaded arrow at the top right corner of the page
Step 3: Settings
1. Choose the option of either “Applying article updates automatically” or “Email me updates for review”. I do not recommend the first option especially if your name is shared by many people
2. Congratulations! You now have a Google Scholar Profile
Step: Getting back to your profile
1. Log in to your email
2. Open Google Scholar
3. Click on My Profile at the top right corner of the page
You are reminded to return all library books as we come to the end of the semester to avoid accumulating
Wishing you all the best in your end of semester exams.
Sage Research Methods has resources that will help you answer all your research methods and statistics questions. You can:
- Learn about qualitative and quantitative methods
- Learn how to design a project research
- Understand the foundations of research methods
- Listen to research methods experts
- Watch videos on different topics
- And much more!
Emerald database of journals is strong in Accounting and Finance, Economics, Tourism and Hospitality, Management, Marketing and Computer Science.
How do I access the journals?
- Login to your RemoteXs account. If not registered on RemoteXs click here
- Scroll down to Emerald Insight under E-Journals category on the list.
- Carry out your search
ProQuest has built the world’s most comprehensive and renowned dissertations program. ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global (PQDT Global) grows its repository of 5 million graduate works each year. To access theses archived in ProQuest click here